Date(s) - 22/10/2016
01:00 pm - 05:00 pm
Alapan Church Cavite
Love Revolution Workshop
True Love Waits Workshop is done within small groups composed of 10 participants which gives youth an opportunity to have a deeper and more intimate discussion about love, relationships, waiting, sex and purity according to God’s biblical perspectives.
A four hour workshop facilitated by a trained male-female facilitator.
It is done within small groups composed of 10 participants.
Youth aged 12-19 / Young adults aged 20-30 years
- LESSON 1: The ONEAims:
- Know the qualities people are looking for the right ONE;
- Understand the Five Love Languages
- Identify five persons whom True Love is due
Activity: The ONE
Let’s begin the search…
The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Words of Affirmation
- Quality Time
- Acts of ServiceGive Me Five!
• GOD deserves your True Love
• Receiving/Giving Gifts • Physical Touch
– Offering our bodies to God (Romans 12:1) – He demands sexual purity
- YOU need True Love
– Your body is a temple of God (1 Corinthians 6:18-20) – Guarding our minds (Philippians 4:8)
– Love others as well as YOU love yourself
– Don’t Waste Your Life
- OTHERS (FAMILY and FRIENDS) need True Love – Loving Family- Treat others as brothers and sisters in Christ
(1 Timothy 5:1-2, 1 Thessalonians 4: 3-7 John 15:13)
- Your FUTUREMATE needs True Love – Activity: My Ideal Future Mate- Dear Future Mate
- FUTURE KIDS need True Love
– The Bible recognizes the value of children (Psalm 127:3) – Activity: Feeling Mom and DadSummary and Conclusion
Recap using the TLW Hand IllustrationLesson Summary: GOD LOVESLESSON 2: MYX-ed UP!Aims:
- Know that Media, You, and the Xtraordinary Book affects us;
- Differentiate True Love and Infatuation based on 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- Understand that God desires sexual innocence and is concerned about the futureIntroduction
- Activity: Follow the lines
- Media affects us through television shows, movies, music, print ads, billboards, etc.
- You are affected with what you see, hear, feel, and think.
- Xtraordinary Book tells the truth and gives real answers away from deception.True Love VS InfatuationIdentify what is Love & Infatuation from 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Before You Say “I Do.” Ask Yourself, “Do I”? (1 Thessalonians 4:3)
Oral Sex Lusting
Same Sex Relationship
God’s Purpose for Sex
- Marriage Bed Kept Pure (Hebrews 13:4)
- Misuses of Sex
- Activity “Torn Apart”Sexual Innocence (1 John 2:28, Eph 5:3-4)
- Don’t Waste Your Sexuality
- The Truth about HIV/AIDS and Condoms
- The Common DenominatorLesson Summary: EVERYONE MAKES MISTAKESLESSON 3: How Do We Get Through It All?Aims:
- Prepare them in the pressures they will encounter
- Cite consequences of premarital sex
- Experience forgiveness and new life todayIntroduction
- We experience mistakes
- Too much to handle
- How can we know and experience True Love?PressuresTo force, as by overpowering influence or persuasion.Pregnancy
- Priorities Are Changed
- Finances Are Doubled
- Dreams Are ShatteredPast (Emotional Baggage)
Guilt Shame Regret
Damage of Self-image
Receive New Life Through Faith(John 1:12, Eph 2:8-9, John 3:1-8) Am I Pure? Is there a Way?
Starting Over (Isaiah 1:8, 1 John 1:9, 2 Corinthians 5:17) Forgiveness & Repentance
Power to Do Right
Lesson Summary: THROUGH CHRIST WE ARE LOVED.
LESSON 4: Want to Know the TRUTH?
- Understand that Purity is a Lifestyle; it’s more than about sex.
- Practical ways while waiting
- Love is a DecisionIntroductionJust because you’re a virgin, it doesn’t mean you are pure
Just because you’re not a virgin, it doesn’t mean you are not purePurity
- Purity VS Virginity
- Purity is a LifestyleProtection
- Seek God
- Guard Your Heart (Proverbs 4:23)
- Reasons to WaitPill: Vitamin C
- True Commitment
- Controlled by Christ
- Self-ControlLove is a Decision (1 John 2:26, John 8:31)
Lesson Summary: SALVATION comes by knowing CHRIST.Knowing CHRIST is the way to experience TRUE LOVE from GOD.
The Challenge of Waiting
Commitment Cards & Accountability
The Challenge of Commitment